To engage in obtaining and assessing and evaluating patients in the hospitals, skilled nursing and rehab centers, MD clinics and other community based facilities that meet the criteria for admission to Extended Home Care. Evaluates the medical and clinical healthcare needs and assists with the coordination and planning of all possible referrals made to Extended Home Care.
• Principles, procedures, methods and techniques of nursing, rehabilitation, and health care preferred.
• Modern practices and principles of medical disease counseling.
• Basic management practices and principles.
• Payor sources.
• Excellent computer skills preferred knowledge of Microsoft excel/word/outlook.
• Knowledge of HMO contracts and levels based on medical needs.
• Universal precautions and infection control practices.
• Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations regarding health care.
• Ability to: Maintain a positive, effective, and professional working relationship with referring hospital staff. Assess and evaluate patients’ needs for services, treatment, and medication. Read and understand the Patient Review Instrument.
•Maintain confidentiality of patients. Prepare clear and concise reports as needed. Respond to requests and inquiries from the referring hospital in a timely manner (15 – 30 minutes)
Ability to work independently with a systems mindset. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Apply basic time management to effectively maintain bed occupancy. Represent the facility in a positive manner.
NYS RN, BSN, preferred. (All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment).
Must have a car