To plan, implement and provide occupational therapy services as prescribed as by the attending physician.
• Assesses occupational therapy needs by applying objective diagnostic and prognostic test.
• Prepares initial assessment of the patient’s condition and perform periodic re-assessments.
• Prepare initial assessment of the patient’s condition and perform periodic reassessment.
• Develops a plan of care in accordance with the authorized practitioner’s prescription for therapy services.
o The plan must include the type of services rendered estimated duration of treatment, and amount and frequency of visits.
o The patient’s plan of care must include clearly defined, measurable short and long term goals with time frames to measure outcomes.
• Provides occupational therapy treatment according to established goals, in collaboration with the patient’s physician.
• Documents the patient’s response to treatment and modify the treatment plan and objectives as needed after notifying the patient’s physician.
• Instructs health care personnel, the patient and family in the techniques and principles necessary for safe management and maximum restoration of mobility and function.
• Completes cases conferences, 60 day, and transfer and discharge summaries when indicated.
• Prepares all documentation on the appropriate forms.
• Participates in the development and periodic revision of the physician’s Plan of treatment with the Home Care Coordinator.
• Participates in case conferences, staff meeting and in-service programs as needed and as designated by the Rehab Manager.
• Works with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team to develop appropriate interventions in order to achieve clinical and functional goals
• Participates in the agency’s Quality Assurance Performance Improvement/PIP as assigned.
• Submits visit notes, at least weekly, or within 7 days after completion of each home visit,
o Provides written Home exercise programs to client and Home Care coordinator and instruct patient/family/caregiver as per physician’s instructions.
o Demonstrates sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding suspected violation of corporate compliance regulations.
o Reports all suspected violations to supervisor, Compliance Officer or Compliance Hotline.
o Performs other duties as assigned.